At Dragon Army, company culture is our number one priority. Before you roll your eyes, let me explain. We believe that putting the team first and building lasting friendships require time spent together outside the workplace. That’s why every year Dragon Army pays for the entire office, including a +1 guest for each employee, to spend four days at sea. Together, the team bonds over good food, great company and tons of crazy cruise shenanigans!
On the surface, it may seem like just another perk, but let's look a bit deeper at the reasons why this benefit is special to our organization. Dragons cruise to:
- Build team camaraderie. Our company cruise is an all expenses paid opportunity to get to know one another on a deeper level, which builds long-term trust and results in better client work.
- Give shout-outs to MVPs. Employees get to brag about how great our coworkers are in front of their significant others, building pride in both the individual and within family members.
- Have fun. Our mini vacation creates a low-pressure opportunity to have adventures with coworkers outside of the normal work environment. Talk about team bonding!
- Discover coworkers’ hidden superpowers. It turns out we have some amazing karaoke singers, blackjack players, dancers and rock climbers.
- Bring corporate values to life. Employees get to experience “team first” and “have fun” in full force during our four days at sea.
- Embody our core purpose. Most importantly, our annual cruise is an opportunity for all Dragons to inspire happiness!
Dragon Army is a company that exists to work for the people it employs, not the other way around. That’s why the cruise is so special. It’s our Leadership Team’s way of saying thank you to employees for all of their hard work the previous year — and thank you for remaining a part of the organization.
We just got back from our 2018 cruise to Key West and the Bahamas a few weeks ago, and now that we’re back on dry land, perhaps, the biggest benefit of the cruise is that we’re all feeling refreshed and ready to tackle any and all challenges as a team. #whatdragonsdo
By: Khadijah Hall, Operations Coordinator at Dragon Army, @KhadijahHall